Friday, October 22, 2010

Just Because

 I found myself this morning with 2 tubes of refrigerator biscuits and some left over pumpkin butter and thought...Humm what could I make, Monkey Bread! But with a Dinner In A Pinch twist.
 I collect all kinds of things, one thing I found the other day wile moving some things around was a whole bag of mini baking tins. I have been finding them here and there over the years and they always seem to make an appearance around the holidays. I love to make mini food, pumpkin bundt cakes or individual cranberry sauce jello molds

        
                                                         Pumpkin Monkey Breads



2 tubes biscuits                                                  
1 egg
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbs. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar                                  
2 Tbs cinnamon
1/2 stick butter
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/4 water
1/4 pumpkin butter or apple butter

Glaze
 1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2-3 Tbs. apple cider

in a small bowl mix egg water and vanilla, set aside
in another small bowl mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside
on the stove in a small saucepan mix brown sugar, butter, 1/4 water and pumpkin butter.heat to a simmer and stir until dissolved and syrupy

I used individual baking tins but you could do this in a bundt pan

Cut each biscuit into quarters and float in milk mixture pull out about 10 at a lime and dredge in cinnamon sugar. place about 6 in the small pans or layer all into the bundt pan. continue till all are done.
Take the hot syrup of the stove and drizzle about a Tablespoon over each tin or all over the bundt.

Bake on a cookie sheet till puffed up and bubbly about 18-20 min for individuals for up to 35-45 min for the bundt. You could add pecans to the layering process if you would like I just didn't have any.

 Mix glaze together and pour directly over breads in tins (they're so cute I love to serve in them) or unmold onto a plate wile they are warm and drizzle over.

2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet georgia brown!!!! You have a ton of those tins!! You had better let me barrow a few so i can make these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you come home, you can have them ALL!!

    ReplyDelete