Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I wish you could smell my house

I was testing Mac and Cheese recipes for an upcoming class, and I think I fell on to something awesome. It's my usual recipe with the addition of a fresh clove of garlic! that's it! nothing fancy no truffles no fancy oils, just a clove of garlic.Who knew cooking could be so easy.
here's how it came together.

Boil according to package directions, 10oz of your favoite "tubed" pasta I use Dreamfields Penne Rigate (my husband who is diabetic can eat this pasta and it does not cause a spike in his blood sugar)

In your electric blender dump,
1 cup milk
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 stick butter
1 clove garlic (sliced)
1 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 tbl. flour
1 egg
1 lb. cubed cheese (I used a variety colby, sharp,munster)



Pulse until well blended but still with some texture.


Butter an 8" square baking dish, and put cooked past in it, pour cheese sauce over and stir a bit to coat.
Cover with foil and bake 30 min. at 350. Then uncover and sprinkle 1/2 sleeve whole wheat crackers (crushed) over the top bake anothr 12 min, till crusty brown and yummy.
Wait till you smell your house!




1 comment: