Thursday, October 7, 2010

I did it I think!! A picture! well lets see if it works and then we can talk more about it.

                                                            Success!!

These are the ingredients for the Apple Cranberry Crostini everyone has been buzzin about here's the recipe

3 apples of your choice
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 Tbls. flour
1 Tbls. brown sugar
2 Tbls. very cold butter cut in little cubes
1 egg
sugar for dusting

peel and core apples,dice into 1/4 inch cubes, place in a bowl add all the remaining ingredients (except egg and dusting sugar) and toss till well combined.
Roll out pie crust and cut 6 circles using both sheet . Save the scraps for Cinnamon twists.
Place rounds of crust on parchment paper and fill with a round Tbls. of filling. Roll the edges up over the filling, (it will not cover completely, tops will be open)
Mix egg in a small bowl and brush edges with a pastry brush and sprinkle with sugar.
Bake at 425 for 8-10 min until golden brown and bubbly.
I love mine warm with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream, but that's just me I put ice cream on anything I can
Enjoy!

Oh yeah and the cinnamon twist are just the leftover scraps, cut up and rolled in equal parts cinnamon and sugar and baked right along side of the Crostinis. My son loves them.

2 comments: