Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lemon and Lime cubes

OK sorry, I thought I posted the citrus cube trick last month but I couldn't find it. So here it is. Citrus is in season right now so watch for your markets to run sales, buy them up in bulk and bring them home and squeeze them. An electric juicer will be your best investment. When you open the freezer in December and make a fresh glass of lemonade or warm it with honey for that scratchy winter throat. You will be glad you went to the trouble to do this now.





This is my 1950's juicer, I hope it out lives me

Pour into ice cube trays and freeze. Then pop out and fill zipper freezer bags with your little lemon or lime jewels, and pull one out when ever you need one.
They are great for soups, sauces, smoothies or tea. What ever you want to add a little sunshine to.

1 comment: