Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Last Cranberry Sauce Recipe You Will Ever Search

I promise this will be the last pre Thanksgiving entry. We first had this Cranberry sauce at The Smith House in Dahlonega GA. For me it was life changing! I was only used to the jiggle jello kind you open a can of and slide it out onto a plate,(I still have my mothers cut glass dish that somehow fits perfectly 1 can of the jiggly stuff) and I still put that out as an offering to the Thanksgiving gods.But this sauce, or maybe I should call it a relish, because it's not cooked, will change the way you think about cranberries forever! I make it throughout the year and serve it with roast pork or chicken. It's also not bad on vanilla ice cream or blender into a smoothie. Very good for you and very high in dark fruit antioxidants.

Cranberry Relish

1 15 oz bag fresh cranberries
2 cups frozen no sugar added raspberries
1 large granny smith apple
1 large navel orange
1 cup sugar                                                            









                                                  zest the orange and squeeze the juice from it,



                                         cut the apple into 1 inch chunks, I leave the peel on.
                               In batches, chop all coarsely in your food processor. (I did mine in two)


                                      Place all in a bowl and mix well to blend all the batches.
Cover and place in fridge until dinner I like at least 3 hrs to mellow the flavors, but next day is best so this is another make ahead.
Enjoy!
And have a happy and safe holiday to you all
with love from
Dinner In A Pinch

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Barbara! I was so happy to find your recipe again! I just love your Cranberry Relish. It was my mom's favorite....she passed this laat Spring at 92yrs young and I wanted to make it again in her memory. -- Thanks again and Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete