Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pink Sky In Morning...

I don't know if that old saying holds true but we had the pinkest sky this morning! Actually it was red beams shooting out of the eastern sky. I wish I knew how to post pictures on here, it was breathtaking. It inspired me to make chowder today. I don't know why, but here in SW Florida I will take any sign of winter coming. I'm going to throw together a corn and cheese chowder only because that's what I have on hand here at the house.

Cheddar Corn Chowder

saute in 1/4 olive oil till tender,
1 sweet onion diced
1 clove garlic minced diced
1 sweet red pepper
1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper
Sprinkle in, 
3 Tbsp. Flour stir for a few minuets
Pour in
1 15 oz.can chicken broth
add
2 cans(use the broth can) half and half
simmer 10 minuets, do not boil
Dump in
 1 bag frozen corn
1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Warm, do not boil at this point, Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment