Monday, December 6, 2010

Favorite Thing #10

Frozen Fresh Fruit

This time of year when it's cold out and your feeling rushed from all the holiday bustle, one of my favorite things to make is a quick and easy, warm and gooey fruit cobbler. I love to keep big bags of peaches and berries in the freezer. If your lucky enough to live where these things grow buy them up in season and freeze them for the long cold days of winter.
Here is a easy cobbler recipe for you hope you enjoy it.

MIX TOGETHER IN A MED. BOWL
3 cups frozen fruit (any) thawed
1/2-3/4 cup sugar
1 T fresh lemon juice (don't forget those cubes we made)
2 T corn starch 
POUR INTO A BUTTERED 8X8 BAKING DISH

IN A SMALL BOWL COMBINE
1 1/2 cups of your favorite complete pancake mix (I love Fiber One)
1/4 sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
POUR OVER FRUIT MIX
it should not cover completely
Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 min. until bubble and lightly browned
Serve warm

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh there it is!!! You used my gluten free mix last time when we were camping in the moutians! It was by far one of my favorite things!! I need tomake this!! Like tonight!!! Haha

    ReplyDelete